Arts Marketing Intern
Headway Arts | Blyth, Northumberland | £6.50ph
Headway Arts specialise in highly inclusive participatory arts projects which offer world class opportunities for people to contribute to the cultural life of their communities. Headway Arts work across art forms to motivate, build confidence and creativity and offer a means of expression to those who otherwise would not have the opportunity. The Company specialises in working with those who are learning disabled and supports Seven Stars Learning Disabled Theatre Company. We are currently undergoing a period of growth and change and are seeking to employ an Arts Marketing Intern to work closely with the Creative Director to implement a marketing plan which will enable this step-change.
The internship also coincides with our 20th anniversary and the intern will specifically develop a marketing campaign around these celebrations.
Role of Arts Marketing Intern:
This is a new post funded by the Santander Enterprise Development Awards and offers a unique and exciting opportunity for an arts marketing graduate/undergraduate to work as part of a committed and enthusiastic team. The Intern will work closely with the Creative Director to develop and implement marketing strategies with the aim of increasing the participation of people in Headway Arts projects. It is a hands-on opportunity to gain a wide range of marketing experience. This 18 week internship will begin in May/June 2015.
Closing Date: 27/03/2015
Location: Blyth, Northumberland
Person Requirements: We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic person with a strong drive to increase their experience of arts marketing to join our team.
• An interest and enthusiasm for the arts.
• Excellent communication skills including ability to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds & communities.
• Methodical and efficient approach with good attention to detail
• A willingness to take on and work with the ideas of others.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a busy team.
• Demonstrable ability to work on own initiative and to organise and prioritise workload.
• Ability to recognise the different ways to work with different groups.
• A positive attitude and an ability to find creative and flexible solutions.
• Willingness to undertake training, for example disability awareness and equality training and Headway Arts methodologies.
• Willingness to work evenings & weekends if and when necessary.
• Ability to work confidently with computers.
• Up to date knowledge of current social media and networking platforms.
• A commitment to one’s own professional development.
Degree Discipline: Marketing
How to Apply: Please send applications electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write in the email subject line: Arts Marketing Internship
Or by post to: Headway Arts, Headway ArtSpace, The Old Church, Waterloo Road, Blyth, Northumberland, NE24 1BY
• Apply in writing (approx 500 words) telling us about your skills, interests & why you would like to take up this internship.
• Include an up to date CV
• Include 2 References. We will not take up your references unless you are successful.
Deadline: All applications must be received by 5pm on Friday 27th March 2015. Late applications will not be considered.
Found on Vacancies Online