Creative Writer|Teesside University | Easingwold | £17,000
Initial Six Month Contract
Sue Overton Applied Practice, is based in Easingwold, just north of York. They specialise in the production and streaming of innovative Drama based online learning programmes.
There is currently an opportunity within the company for a Creative Writer to help with the development of future learning programmes.
This role requires a self -motivated graduate with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and a knowledge / interest in film script writing.
This role will involve:
• Conducting research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, using various sources such as the internet, technical documents, and interviews.
• Developing themes, plots, storylines, characterizations, psychological analyses, historical environments, action, and dialogue, to create material.
• Write material for performances.
• Collaborating with other writers on specific projects
• Following appropriate procedures to get copyrights for completed work.
• Writing public relations articles.
• Assisting with video productions.
You will have a degree in Creative Writing or similar and be able to answer the questions posed in the person specification.
Closing Date: 15/03/2015
Person Requirements: Essential Requirements:
You MUST be able to answer YES to the following questions and show examples in your covering letter
1. Have you got skills in scriptwriting for drama?
2. Are you familiar with undertaking background research?
3. Are you able to develop themes and storylines.
4. Are you familiar with Copyrights for completed work.
5. Are you self-motivated and adaptable?
These are not essential but may enhance your application if you can give evidence of your experience in your covering letter
1. Do you have a driving licence?
2. Do you have your own transport?
3. Do you have any experience of PR copy writing?
4. Have you any experience in copy production and publications.
How to Apply: Email your CV and supporting statement in your covering letter, giving a detailed account of your experience, skills and knowledge in relation to the requirements posed in the questions above toGraduatesforbusiness@tees.ac.uk
Closing Date: 15 March 2015
Found on Vacancies Online